1. What It’s Like to Face a 150 M.P.H. Tennis Serve. (A little video)
2. "I think that neural privacy is something we should worry about". I think so too.
3. "according to its eccentric creator, the majestic building is neither a chicken nor a church".
4. "If they want to get married at a gun range holding a big fat Uzi, far be it for me to keep them from it." And from the same story: "The only thing not allowed is a real shotgun wedding: Pregnant bride aren't allowed to shoot because of the sound reverberations from a MP-40 can negatively effect the unborn child."
5. "Both men and women erred in estimating what the opposite sex would find attractive. Men thought women would like a heavier stature than females reported they like, and women thought men would like women thinner than men reported they like."
6. "After somewhere in the neighborhood of ten billion games of Pac-Man had been played, Mitchell achieved the first ever perfect game. The very first thing he said: “I never have to play that damn game again.”" (I'll let you in on a secret: he didn't have to play it in the first place.)
7. "Counting from the earthquake of 1700, we are now three hundred and fifteen years into a two-hundred-and-forty-three-year cycle." That "we" is the people of Seattle, Portland and so on in the Pacific Northwest: if you know your interstates, you might want to know that the "operating assumption is that everything west of Interstate 5 will be toast."