Wednesday 9 May 2018

The end of good free journalism?

The web has been the most amazing thing to happen to people who like reading journalism.

Only a few years ago, it would have been unthinkable to imagine that, without leaving your desk and without paying a penny, you could read vast swathes of the newspapers and magazines of the world. Now, it seems only natural that all the news, opinion, jokes, investigations, cartoons, columns, photographs, videos and other paraphernalia of the modern media are immediately accessible to me, give or take a paywall or two here and there. Even foreign language publications can be given the auto-translate treatment by my browser. The world is my legible oyster.

Be grateful for this wonderful opportunity and enjoy it while you may: it can't go on forever and Megan McArdle explains why.

2 comments:

  1. I was surprised Prince Harry’s bride was now writing about journalism. The thing is I have heard of Megan McArdle before and read her work. But the TV here is approaching saturation coverage of the Royal Wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get all my Royal Wedding info from : https://www.instagram.com/garyjanetti/?hl=en.

    ReplyDelete